By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Artists on Art Publications’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- i. modify or copy the materials;
- ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Artists on Art Publications’s web site;
- iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Artists on Art Publications at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
a. The materials on Artists on Art Publications’s web site are provided “as is”. Artists on Art Publications makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Artists on Art Publications does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Artists on Art Publications or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Artists on Art Publications’s Internet site, even if Artists on Art Publications or a Artists on Art Publications authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Artists on Art Publications’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Artists on Art Publications does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Artists on Art Publications may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Artists on Art Publications does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Artists on Art Publications has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Artists on Art Publications of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Artists on Art Publications’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- i. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- ii. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- iii. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- iv. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- v. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- vi. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- vii. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- viii. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Authorship and Contribution
Please note that by submitting your article and media to the Artists on Art website and it’s various publications, that you are granting Artists on Art Publications (the “Publisher”) the license to duplicate and display your article (the “Work”) in all media forms for the lifespan of www.artists-on-art.com and www.artists-on-art.com/community (the “Term”).
By submitting an article to Artists on Art Publications and it’s community you are acknowledging your agreement to the terms of this Submission Agreement and affirm that the article text is original to you, that you own all necessary rights to the text and the media displayed. (Images from public museums and collections, or by artists 70 years deceased have open rights for display as long as they are properly cited, including artist, title, and location). In addition, to your best knowledge, you affirm that the article does not defame or otherwise violate the rights, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or reputation of any third party and that you have gathered any and all applicable rights if necessary.
2. Rights Granted
You grant the Publisher and its representatives the following intellectual property rights in the Work:
- i. For the length of the Term from the date of this Agreement, the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and world-wide rights to duplicate, display, distribute, excerpt, or transmit the article, in any format or media known or hereafter known. The Publisher shall have the right to own or register copyrights to any works or compilations created by the Publisher that may contain the Work, in whole or in part.
- ii. A non-exclusive world-wide right to include the Work in print including anthologies, reprint editions, adaptations, or collections of articles.
- iii. The non-exculsive right to use selections from the Work in advertising and promotion of the Publisher and Publisher’s web site.
3. Editorial Changes
Publisher may revise, edit, condense, translate or otherwise alter the Work, and will code the work in HTML or other coding language as needed for presentation and distribution, but will make no substantive changes in text, title or graphic content without your permission verbally or through writing.
Copyright of Publication
Upon signature, you understand that submitting an article does not grant the Publisher sole rights to the Work even though all publications and materials created using the Work are subject to copyright by Artists on Art Publications. The Publisher will take appropriate measures to keep both the publication and the Work secure but can not guarantee that your work will be used, displayed, or otherwise reproduced illegally by third parties. You do understand though, that you have the right to take legal action against those parties on your own behalf. Articles may be archived by the Publisher for future use but shall require a renewed agreement if it is published past the Term of this Submission Agreement.
You affirm that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement, or that you are the parent or legal guardian of the minor who is submitting the article